Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pictures and a Post!










I still haven't figured out this whole posting with pictures thing so please bear with me. I will give you a road map today, the picture at the bottom is my handsome guy, Ryan. All the way to the right at the top is an abstract of the Penobscot Narrows bridge and then closest to the writing is a picture of a sunflower field that we recently visited. Yes yes I took all of these.




POST:


So we have had some exciting going ons around our house this week. We are currently under contract to purchase our first house! super exciting! Things are going very well thus far and of course we aren't that far into the process but everything seems to be right in order so we should be all set to close in the middle of September. There really hasn't been anything major going on besides that; as you can imagine that has been our main focus and will continue to be the main focus of our personal life over the next 2 months.





We do have some upcoming photo shoots so we will be sure to share those with you!





On a different note, I recently ordered some items through a reward program that we have at work. One of the items that I ordered was the book, The Last Lecture written by Randy Pausch. If any of you recently caught the news Randy Pausch was the Carnegie Mellon professor who recently passed away as a result of cancer leaving by his wife and three children. Prior to his passing Pausch wrote the book which is based on his "last lecture." To be perfectly honest, I am not sure I am even going to make it through the book but certainly not for lack of trying. I am about 10 pages in... not far at all and I have had a hard time controlling my emotions thus far. The book is powerful and emotionally. The book certainly doesn't have the intention to be emotional and the book is written in a way that you wouldn't expect it to be emotional but you cant help it with knowing this man's touching story. One of my favorite quotes thus far is the following,





"I knew what I was doing that day. Under the ruse of giving an academic lecture, I was trying to put myself in a bottle that would one day wash up on the beach for my children. If I were a painter, I would have painted for them. If I were a musician, I would have composed for them. But I am a lecturer. So I lectured."





If you get a chance, please read it and let me know what you think!

No comments: